The programme targets young people between the ages of 10 and 24. These are in and out of school youth. The major purpose of the programme is to ensure that adolescents are equipped to make a healthy and successful transition through puberty to young adulthood. This programme empowers the adolescents to have access to knowledge, information and services that allow them to make the best possible choices, and the development of an enabling environment, which makes those choices realistic. The choices they make regarding their health, education and livelihoods depend on the information, services and opportunities available to them but also on the social norms and policies that make those choices desirable and safe.
This results in:
- Increased availability and accessibility of adolescent-friendly services and opportunities
- Improved quality of services and opportunities for adolescents
- Enhanced knowledge, attitudes, skills and self-efficacy of adolescents
- Orient Youth Community based distributors to provide outreach services and referrals to the health centres
- Train Youth group leaders and Champions to be part of local network involved in advocacy discussions around adolescent well being
- Conduct SRH, Life skills and HIV /AIDS sessions
- Orient CHAM health providers in referral systems in HIV,STIs and family planning
- Establishment of Teen clubs for young children infected with HIV
- Conductmonthly meetings with children and youth infected by HIV
- HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services for children infected by HIV through conducting monthly Group therapies
- Condom distribution for HIV and AIDS prevention
- Conductrefresher training for Facility quality improvement teams and youth representatives on YFHS
- Provision of Nutrition support to children infected by HIV/AIDS.
- Access to safe sexual reproductive health information and services.
- HIV/AIDS information dissemination and awareness through sporting activities
- Accessto water, hygiene and sanitation services
- Providesanitary pads to school girls,
- Capacity building on menstrual and hygiene management, Recycling and reusing of wastes
- To build employable skills among the youth
- ICT training young people how to use computers Entrepreneurship Skills,Business management skill
- Conduct Community sensitization on safer initiation practices